We’ve recently migrated to Microsoft Lync Server 2010, and I got a couple of questions from people who got tired of bringing up the Lync client each time they had to make a call.
I tried searching around for custom Lync toolbars, but there doesn’t seem to be any available, and I figured out why.
To make a call from the Windows taskbar, do the following:
- Right-click the taskbar, select «Toolbars» and add «Address».
- You’ll get a nifty little address bar docked to your taskbar.
- Type in «tel:», followed by the number you’d like to call, and press enter.
Lync will now pop up, and you have to click to dial.
You can also use «im:» to start IM sessions, see this handy guide for more tips.
Latest posts by Arve (see all)
- Hvordan stoppe «Posten»-viruset - 09/12/2016
- Remove KB3101496 for Skype for Business client - 04/12/2015
- Move media subfolders out of «My Documents» with ease - 08/05/2014